Tuesday 17 May 2011

Make May Musical #6 - Teri Deewani by Kailash Kher

Teri Deewani by Kailash Kher

Ok, so I slightly cheated on this one. It's not from a Bollywood film, but the guy who sings it is a Bollywood singer.

I love this song, I can't explain why. I think Kailash Kher has a unique voice and his songs are not like any of the other Bollywood singers who, even though they sing great songs, have similar sounding voices. I also like the fact that people in this video don't look like the typically gorgeous Bollywood actors, dancers and models.

Deewani is a word that is to describe yourself when you are crazy in love with someone. Teri means 'your'.

Kher is singing about how he cannot stop loving someone, he is crazy about her and would do absolutely anything for her.

(translated from the point of the guy with the red scarf)
I will live in your name
I will die in your name
I will do anything for you
Look what you have done to me
I am crazy about you

(or thereabouts)

The video is a bit odd though. I cannot explain to you why there is a guy weilding a knife at a girl and then falls in love with her.

1 comment:

Talli Roland said...

Sounds like an interesting one!