Tuesday 1 May 2012

Missing the Sunshine

It's raining, it's pouring, and it's been raining for weeks.
So to bring a smile to your (and my) face, I bring you another picture post from when we actually had nice weather earlier this year. When it was 20+ degrees, I went for a walk around Kensington Gardens and took a lot of pictures

Remember when it was spring?


The Albert Memorial right opposite the Royal Albert Hall

Kensington Palace, before it re-opened

Walking around the park

 Daffodils! The sign that spring is was here!


 The Round Pond, where you can find swans

 The Serpentine Bridge

 The Italian Fountains

Looking out from the fountains








One thing that I love about London is that I will always stumble upon something I have never seen before. I had never seen the Italian fountains, in fact I didn't even know they existed, and while walking around Kensington there they were. I spent about an hour sitting on the benches and watched the world go by.

Notice the blue sky in those pictures? I haven't seen blue skies in weeks.

How about you? Have you stumbled across a part of your town you didn't know existed?

3 comments:

Meredith said...

You're making me want to move to London! I love exploring in Houston, because even though I grew up here, I always find new areas I haven't seen before. I hope your spring comes back soon!

Rachna Chhabria said...

Naughty of you, Naina. I so badly want to visit London now. The park looks lovely as do the Daffodils.

Julie Dao said...

MAN, that place is so beautiful. I saw Kensington Palace when I was there too - just amazing. I'd love to live in a palace in the countryside somewhere one day... but in the meantime, I'll just dream about it ;)