However when you stand at a pretty unimpressive 5ft tall, the following can happen when you are on a very crowded train/station ...
- Never being able to see the board that tells you when the train is coming, and therefore having to ask a tall person nearby what it says
- Being knocked over by people wearing over-stuffed rucksacks when they get on the train
- Never being able to reach the overhead bars when you don't have a place to sit - the alternatives are tip-toeing or over-stretching your arms
- Your face being at exact arm-pit level of taller commuters who are able to hold on to the aforementioned bars (extra bad during summer-time)
- The top half of your body being pushed further into the carriage so your feet are in a completely different location to the rest of you
How about you? If any of you are short, do you encounter any other similar problems?
And for the rest of you ... what are your transportation annoyances?